How do I put this? Life so far is... Well... It's something alright.
I owe around $3000 to the college for things I couldn't pay for myself because I only get $300 a month, which is what I use to feed myself, humans apparently can't use photosynthesis as I've heard, so I had to resort to my dad, after a good talk, well... Let's say it wasn't the best talk I've had in a while, but at the same time... I'm not so bummed out, yeah, it's daunting, in fact, this is a deep hole I'm in right now, in fact, in the eyes of a depressed person, one might say life has gone to shit, but... I don't see it that way. After all, what's life without some conflict before the best parts comes?
If I gave up now, dad would make me drop out and go back to working at the casino, chances of becoming a game designer would be slim, yeah, I could Scott Cawthon this, but... That's not the way I plan on doing this, I feel like there are too many opportunities at this college for me to simply quit and wing it. As an aspiring game designer, I could compare this to a really hard level in a video game. Yeah, it's not easy, it can be frustrating, but it's all worth it in the end, I just know it.
Things might not seem so good now, but... I think it'll work out eventually, I'm not one to give up, in fact, I hate giving up.
- Gotta go to summer school to get back a credit from Algebra 2 because I was left emotionally weak after the tragedy in the family? No way in hell am I stopping, I just need to take a moment to pull myself together to get that credit back, it's what my sister would've wanted.
- The platforms at Guts Man's stage being a bitch to get across without the Magnet Beam? Get the platforming down and get across those green little bastards, show Guts Man who's boss!
- Nova running away and laughing after killing me in GTA Online? I'm gonna chase him across Los Santos if I must!
- Taking on quite possibly the best Smash Bros player on campus in a 1v1 match? Bitch please! I don't care if he had me backed in a corner, a true gamer goes all out until the very end, even when he's beat! Maybe I could've won, maybe I lost as soon as the match loaded.
- Inspiration strikes for me to make a video game on my own (at least until I can find more people on campus), but I don't know a thing about programming? I'll learn it all in time, after all, Rome wasn't built in a day, it'll take time, but as the man behind Mario said, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
- Igloo man kicking my ass at darts? Well... I didn't quite beat him yet, but I'm working on it.
The point is... While real life circumstances might not be in my favor at the moment, my dad might end up in debt, the family members back in Idaho have seen better days, Bitty is in a tight situation as well, I'm on a tight budget because my tribe isn't funding me this quarter because I couldn't get registered for classes from all the charges. But you know what?
I don't think this is the end, not now, not ever, in fact, this is just a bump in the road, that's all. Things aren't going to change unless I take action. If I do become a successful video game designer as planned, then who knows, things could change for the better... I can support the ones I love, my father will be able to see his one and only son follow his dreams, I can bring the ones I love to a better tomorrow, and if I keep at it... Maybe even be a renowned game designer, maybe a big company will want to hire me, maybe I'll be able to start my own, I can't quite say, my main focus is bringing fun games with tons of replayability. It won't all happen at once, in fact, it'll probably take years before everything can change for the better, but as I always tell myself when I lay in bed... One step at a time
. Think about it, would success feel that good if it were easy? No, the best things in life require hard work, perseverance, and you need to be ready to fail, I guarantee you, at one point, you're going to fail at one point, maybe even hit rock bottom, but it's your choice on whether or not you use that failure to improve yourself, find out where you went wrong, and get back up, or give up and see your failures in the worst way possible.
You're probably wondering where I got my sense of perseverance from, well... To be honest, I'm not sure, maybe it came after the passing of my sister, maybe I took my father's lessons to heart, I can't really say, or maybe it's the fact that if I became a quitter, it'd be harder to convince Bitty's family that I'm the right one! XD
Aaaaaaaah comic relief!
That's all I needed to say, that it's important to remember to never give up, this is how I feel about my situation right now, and it'll all work out in the end if I keep at it, now... Have yourself a good day!
(Also I need to get to drawing, I have so many things to do, but so little time, at this point, I'm considering paying people as an apology for the wait once it's all done, don't worry, you'll get the pic, so... Consider it a freebie, even if it's at a very cheap price.